Creamy Chicken Pasta Soup
Although it sounds ordinary, this version of Creamy Chicken Pasta Soup definitely isn't - it has a rich, creamy texture, and it's full of goodies like pasta, sugar snap peas and carrots.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup penne pasta
- 1/4 pound sugar snap peas, halved diagonally
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups cheese
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add mushrooms, celery, carrots and onion. Cook until celery and onion are tender, about 5 minutes. Add flour and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Gradually mix in chicken stock. Bring soup to simmer, stirring frequently. Add half and half and chopped parsley and simmer 5 minutes. Add chicken tenders and simmer until cooked through, about 5 minutes. (Chicken soup can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate.)
Cook penne pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta.
Bring chicken soup to simmer. Mix in cooked pasta and sugar snap peas and simmer 2 minutes. Mix in lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Top with shredded cheese and serve.
You'll also love
- Paleo Instant Pot Thai Carrot Soup... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Caesar-Crusted Chicken Salad 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Two Boys Casserole 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Balsamic Chicken Thighs 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Skinny Chicken and Rice Casserole 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pork and Noodle Soup with Shiitake... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken Corn Chowder #2 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Cheezy Butternut Squash Macaroni 4.4/5 (7 Votes)