Award Winning Maryland Cream of Crab Soup
Award Winning Maryland Cream of Crab Soup is rich and amazing. If you'd like, top with a little bit of dry sherry and fresh ground pepper when serving.
COOK'S NOTES: This recipe is credited to Ms. Charlese Smith and is the Grand Prize Winner in the Soup Division of the 53rd Annual National Hard Crab Derby held in Crisfield, MD.
- 1 pound Maryland jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 pints heavy whipping cream
- 1 quart half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-pint milk
- Cornstarch for thickening
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Bring milk, half-and-half and heavy whipping cream to a boil.
Add crab meat, fresh parsley, Old Bay Seasoning, butter, salt and pepper.
When the soup starts to boil, make a paste of cornstarch and water to thicken.
Serve while hot.
You'll also love
- APPLE CREAM CHEESE BUNDT CAKE 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Spanish Roasted Potato Salad 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Baked Parmesan Paprika Chicken 4.5/5 (66 Votes)
- German Chocolate Cupcakes with... 4.4/5 (66 Votes)
- Beer Battered Cod 4.6/5 (56 Votes)
- Cheeseburger Soup - Low Carb 4.6/5 (56 Votes)
- Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole 4.5/5 (64 Votes)
- Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken 4.6/5 (56 Votes)