Ethiopian Injera is an easy way to make a flatbread that is perfect to sop up any scrumptious sauce. This recipe is easy to make and comes together with minimal effort to make a delicious bread that can be served with any saucy meal. Utilizing on 5 ingredients, this recipe can be made with ease using easy-to-find ingredients or even ingredients you might have on hand.
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon active yeast
- 3 1/2 cups warm water
Preparation time 370mins
Cooking time 400mins
Mix self-rising flour, whole wheat flour, cornmeal, active yeast, and warm water together.
Cover and let sit 1 to 6 hours.
Whip 2 cups of the batter with a 1/2 cup water, and cook 1/3 cups of this mixture in a 10-inch pan, preheated on medium-high heat. Cook each flatbread until browned on both sides about 5 to 7 minutes.
You'll also love
- Basmati Rice Dressing with Dried... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bread Dressing with Dried... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hungry Girl's Chewy Chocolate Chip... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chickpea & Ham-Hock Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken tenders picadillo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corn spoonbread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macadamia Nut Sticky Buns 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sage Polenta 0/5 (0 Votes)