Nothing better than making your own popcorn balls! Pop your corn first. You'll need to work quickly before the sugar coating gets too hard. Coat your hands in butter so they don't get too sticky.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 cups popped corn
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, water, syrup, vinegar, and salt. Cook over high heat until mixture reaches 255 degrees (hard-ball stage) on a candy thermometer. Stir in vanilla.
Pour over popped corn, tossing gently to coat. When mixture is cool enough to handle, press popcorn into 3-inch balls with lightly greased hands.
Cool completely on waxed paper.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (672 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.5/5 (448 Votes)
- Cinnamon Toast, the Pioneer Woman... 4.5/5 (434 Votes)