Easy Homemade Bread
All you need is 5 ingredients and less than 30 minutes to prepare this super easy homemade bread. The secret to success in this simple recipe is sour cream and beer which creates a moist, tender, and delicious bread! Make this bread any time you need a scrumptious bread to sop up any sauce, stew, or soup. This bread also makes a great gift any time you just want to say, hey you're pretty cool!
- 5 cups self-rising flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (12-ounces) sour cream
- 1 (12-ounce) beer
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 85mins
Adapted from mrfood.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Add sour cream and beer alternately; mix well. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
Bake 45 minutes; brush top with butter. Bake 15 to 20 minutes more, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool slightly; serve warm, cool, or sliced and toasted.
You'll also love
- Smoked Salmon & Cucumber 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Cookie Butter 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Chocolate Peppermint Cupcake 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Jello Shots 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Glazed Carrots, Cooks Illustrated... 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Home-Style Honey Wheat Bread 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Bacon & Cheddar Biscuits with... 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Green Beans with Potatoes & Ham 4.1/5 (83 Votes)