Savory Herb Corn Muffins
Savory corn muffins are easy to make. Filled with sautéed vegetables, herbs and cheese, these muffins are the perfect side for dinner tonight.
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 (14 to 17-ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 6 ounces Cabot Sharp Extra Light Cheddar, grated, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 2/3 cup Cabot 2% Plain Greek-Style Yogurt
- 2 large eggs
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from cabotcheese.coop
Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat insides of 12-hole muffin tin with cooking spray.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, mushrooms and red peppers and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until spinach wilts, 1 to 2 minutes longer; set aside.
In large bowl, stir together muffin mix, cheese, thyme and rosemary; stir in yogurt, eggs and reserved vegetables until no dry mixture remains. Fill each muffin cup about two thirds full.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
You'll also love
- Carrabba's Blackberry Sangria 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Perfect Potato Pockets 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Mom's Greek Peas & Potatoes 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Crock Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Country French Omelet (Bacon &... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Cornflake Candy 3.9/5 (65 Votes)
- Sweetie Pie's Candied Yams 4.2/5 (44 Votes)
- Nanny's Thanksgiving Dressing 4.3/5 (32 Votes)