Jalapeño Sausage Cornbread Muffins
What a wonderful treat, jalapeno corn muffins with a savory sausage surprise inside. Enjoy! I know we did!
- 4 breakfast sausages
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 32mins
Adapted from cookandpost.com
Fry the sausages till they are cooked through. Set aside to cool.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
Combine cream, oil, honey and eggs in a separate bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, then pour wet ingredients into the middle and fold together until just combined and the batter becomes smooth.
Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, dividing evenly into 12.
Cut each sausage into thirds and place a piece into the center of each muffin. Ensure each piece of sausage is covered by batter.
Place a slice of jalapeño on top of each muffin.
Bake for 12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
You'll also love
- SWEET APPLE CIDER PINEAPPLE CURED... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Oma's Rhubarb Cake 3.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Lemon-Dill Orzo Pasta Salad with... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Green Beans with Shallots, Thyme,... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Turkey and Stuffing Sliders 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Fresh Corn & Sun Dried Tomato... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Italian Sausage and Lentil Soup 4.6/5 (9 Votes)