Yucatan-Style Chicken, Lime, And Orzo Soup
- 3/4 cup orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeño chiles thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into
- matchstick-size strips
- 5 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 large tomato seeded, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
Cook orzo in pot of boiling salted water until just tender. Drain well.
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and chiles. Sauté until onion begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Add chicken; sauté 1 minute. Add broth, lime juice, and tomato. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Mix in orzo, then chopped cilantro. Season soup with salt and pepper.
Ladle soup into 4 bowls. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Wine-Braised Lamb Shanks With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Bean Puree With Sun-Dried... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Stew With Green Olives And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Fritters With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stir-Fried Noodles With Singapore... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spanish Noodle Paella 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Toasted Israeli Couscous With Pine... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gratin Of Penne, Turkey, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)