Butter Lettuce With Goat Cheese Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 package soft fresh goat cheese - (5 oz)
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 8 large heads butter lettuce quartered
- lengthwise, leaving some core attached
Using rubber spatula, mix goat cheese and sour cream in medium bowl. Puree buttermilk, avocados, tarragon, parsley, and chives in blender until smooth. Gradually whisk buttermilk mixture into goat cheese mixture until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Dressing can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Divide lettuce among plates. Drizzle with dressing.
This recipe yields 16 servings.