Pasta With Lobster, Wild Mushrooms, And Cream
- 6 tablespoons butter - (3/4 stick)
- 2 frozen lobster tails - (10 to 12 oz ea) thawed
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms stemmed, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil - (packed)
- 6 green onions thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 1/3 cups whipping cream
- 1 bottle clam juice - (8 oz)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1/4 cup freshly-grated Asiago cheese - (abt 1 oz)
Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add lobster tails and sauté until shells are bright red in spots, about 5 minutes. Cover skillet; reduce heat to low and cook until lobster is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Using slotted spoon, transfer lobster to work surface. Using heavy large knife, cut each tail lengthwise in half. Remove meat from shell. Cut meat crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces.
Return same skillet to medium-high heat (do not clean). Add mushrooms, half of basil, green onions, and garlic; sauté until mushrooms soften, about 5 minutes. Add cream and clam juice. Boil until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add lobster (or shrimp if using) and simmer 1 minute. Stir in remaining basil. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain well. Return to pot. Pour sauce over pasta and add cheese; toss over low heat until warmed through, then serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
This can be prepared with 20 ounces of large raw shrimp instead of lobster, if you like. Peel and devein the shrimp, then sauté uncovered in butter until opaque in center, about three minutes. Cut each shrimp lengthwise in half.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (1069 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.1/5 (843 Votes)
- Green Beans With Orange And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cannellini With Tomato-Sage Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sugar-Seared Salmon With Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)