Castellane Pasta With Sausage, Peppers, Cherry Tomaotes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound hot Italian sausages casings removed
- 2 red bell peppers chopped (abt 2 cups)
- 1 large onion chopped (abt 2 cups)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 2 packages cherry tomatoes - (12 oz ea)
- 12 ounces castellane (long oval shells) (or fusilli pasta)
- 5 ounces crumbled goat cheese
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausages; sauté until browned, breaking up with back of fork, about 5 minutes. Add peppers and onion; sauté until soft and onion is golden brown, about 13 minutes. Stir in marjoram, then tomatoes. Simmer until tomatoes soften and release their juices, crushing with back of fork, about 5 minutes. Season generously to taste with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain.
Return pasta to pot. Add sausage mixture and goat cheese; stir to blend. Transfer pasta to plates and serve.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.2/5 (1137 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (717 Votes)
- Leek And Camembert Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber, Radish, Watercress... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Lobster, Wild... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Beans With Orange And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)