Black-Eyed Pea and Ham Dip
Warm and delicious, this black-eyed pea and country ham dip is tasty any time of year, but perfect for New Year's day entertaining, bringing luck to the new year.
- 1/2 cup diced country ham
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Cornbread crackers or round buttery crackers
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Saute ham 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned; stir in black-eyed peas and the water. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 8 minutes, or until liquid is almost evaporated. Partially mash beans with back of a spoon to desired consistency.
In a medium bowl, stir together tomato, scallions, celery, parsley, oil, and vinegar.
Spoon warm bean mixture into a serving bowl, and top with tomato mixture. Serve with crackers.
You'll also love
- Smoked Paprika Prosciutto-Wrapped... 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Crab-Stuffed Tilapia 4.3/5 (53 Votes)
- Beef: Stuffed Acorn Squash with... 3.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Shrimp Salad on Cucumber Slices 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Easter Jello Eggs 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Polish Sausage Sauerkraut &... 3.8/5 (118 Votes)
- Halloween Devil'd Eggs 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Egg Nog Milkshake 4.5/5 (43 Votes)