Quinoa Salad with Salmon and Roasted Veggies
A lovely meal in one or a side dish - can be eaten warm or cold. Great next day lunch leftover salad.
- 2 salmon steak fillets
- 1 large sweet potato peeled & diced into small pieces
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked (makes 3 cups cooked)
- 1 cup of rocket leaves or spinach leaves
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cook the quinoa (instructions below if you are unsure how to cook quinoa).
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius (350-375 Fahrenheit). Line a baking tray with baking paper and place sweet potatoes, red onion and cherry tomatoes on tray, sprinkle olive oil over veggies and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes or until sweet potato are soft through but still holding their shape.
While cooking veggies, bbq the salmon steaks to your liking - set aside covered with foil to keep warm.
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together in a jar with a lid and shake well.
Place the cooked quinoa, roasted veggies, rocket leaves, and flaked salmon into a large bowl mix through.
Transfer to a serving platter and drizzle through the dressing and serve immediately.
*Instructions on how to cook Quinoa
1. Rinse the quinoa. Place the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer, and rinse thoroughly with cool water.
2. Measure quinoa and liquid. Measure out 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water.
3. Add liquid and bring to a boil - add 1/4 teaspoon salt once boiling. Stir in quinoa.
5. Lower heat and cook covered for 15 minutes. Turn heat down to the lowest setting.
6. After 15 minutes, turn off the heat and remove the pot from the burner. Let stand for 5 minutes, covered.
7. Fluff and eat! After 5 minutes, remove the lid, fluff the quinoa gently with a fork.