Polish Sausage Sauerkraut & Potatoes - Crockpot
Smoked Polish sausage with sauerkraut and potatoes in a brown sugar laced sauce is slow cooked to perfection. This is one dish I get lots of request for because of the amazing sweet and savory flavors but I have to admit the best part is how simple it is. Enjoy!
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sauerkraut, undrained
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound Polish sausage, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 240mins
Place sauerkraut and potatoes in slow cooker, add spices, brown sugar and water. Stir in sausage chunks. Cook 4 hours on high or about 6 hours on low or until potatoes are tender.
You can also use pork chops in this recipe. Combine all the ingredients, except the potatoes and chops, then once sauerkraut mixture is made just layer in potatoes and chops.
You'll also love
- Mini Wild Blueberry Cream Pies 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Sauce 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Pineapple Pudding Cake (Best cake... 4.1/5 (90 Votes)
- White Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake 4.3/5 (59 Votes)
- Creamy Carbonara with Bacon 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Skillet Chicken with Bacon & White... 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Unbelievable Carrot Cake 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Eggplant Parmesan 4.5/5 (41 Votes)