Smoked Paprika Prosciutto-Wrapped Shrimp
Sweet shrimp and salty, savory prosciutto come together to make these broiled skewers. Perfect as appetizers with a little bit of spice.
The shrimp can be refrigerated before broiling for up to 6 hours.
- 35 to 40 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp, about 35 to 40 large shrimp
- 6 ounces prosciutto, sliced very thin
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Place the skewers in water and let them soak for at least 30 minutes. Heat the broiler to high and arrange a rack at the top, about 3 inches from the heat source.
Combine the oil, paprika, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp and toss until evenly coated.
Starting at the thicker headend, skewer each shrimp through its center until the skewer emerges at the thinner tail end. Tearing the prosciutto as needed, wrap each shrimp in a piece large enough to just cover its surface. Place on a baking sheet.
Broil until the shrimp are opaque and the prosciutto is crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
You'll also love
- Crab-Stuffed Tilapia 4.3/5 (59 Votes)
- Shrimp Salad on Cucumber Slices 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Easter Jello Eggs 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Creamy Pea Salad with Bacon 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Polish Sausage Sauerkraut &... 3.8/5 (146 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup 4.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Sea Bass & Tomato Ceviche 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp 5/5 (3 Votes)