Smoked Paprika Prosciutto-Wrapped Shrimp
Sweet shrimp and salty, savory prosciutto come together to make these broiled skewers. Perfect as appetizers with a little bit of spice.
The shrimp can be refrigerated before broiling for up to 6 hours.
- 35 to 40 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp, about 35 to 40 large shrimp
- 6 ounces prosciutto, sliced very thin
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Place the skewers in water and let them soak for at least 30 minutes. Heat the broiler to high and arrange a rack at the top, about 3 inches from the heat source.
Combine the oil, paprika, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp and toss until evenly coated.
Starting at the thicker headend, skewer each shrimp through its center until the skewer emerges at the thinner tail end. Tearing the prosciutto as needed, wrap each shrimp in a piece large enough to just cover its surface. Place on a baking sheet.
Broil until the shrimp are opaque and the prosciutto is crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
You'll also love
- Healthy Potato Gratin with Herbs 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Coconut-Pecan Cookies 3.8/5 (104 Votes)
- Eggs Stuffed with Tuna and... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Sage and Cranberry Crab Cakes... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Fried Ravioli 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Black-Eyed Pea and Ham Dip 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Shrimp Salad on Cucumber Slices 5/5 (4 Votes)