Seared Scallops with Lemon Orzo
Sautéed sea scallops maintain their light flavor when combined with orzo and a sauce of lemon juice, white wine and herbs. Easy and special.
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; sauté 3 minutes.
Stir in pasta, broth, wine, and thyme; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and pasta is al dente.
Stir in chopped chives and lemon juice. Keep warm.
Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops evenly with salt and pepper.
Add seasoned scallops to pan. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Serve with pasta mixture.
You'll also love
- Blackberry and Meyer Lemon Gin and... 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana... 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Sticky Orange Chicken 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Loaded Pasta Salad 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Crab Rangoons 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Hot Crab Dip 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- LEMON BLUEBERRY SCONES 4.7/5 (19 Votes)