Meyer Lemon Sugar Recipe
People actually buy lemon sugar? You can make your own, and it's so simple. What would you use it for? It's perfect to rim your cocktail glass for Lemon Drops. Or, you can roll sugar cookies with these, for a nice burst of lemon. Use it in iced tea... so many uses. These makes great gifts, presented in a lovely jar.
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- Zest of 2 lemons, either Meyer Lemons or Eureka
- Airtight container
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Equipment recommended: Food processor works best, microplane (for zesting citrus)
A microplane is a kitchen tool that I use all the time. I love lemon, and it's the most efficient way to get the zest of citrus fruits.
Remove the zest of the lemons, being careful to not remove the pith (white membrane that is bitter).
In a food processor, add one cup of sugar and the lemon zest. Pulse about 6 to 8 times. Add the remaining sugar and pulse a few more times.
Spread on a baking sheet and allow to air dry for about 30 to 60 minutes.
Store in an airtight container for up to a few weeks.
Note: You can substitute limes, which is great for rimming margarita glasses or for baked goods.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (904 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (231 Votes)