Orange Chicken Sauce (Panda Express)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 orange, zest of
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- white pepper
- oil (for frying)
- 1 ⁄2 cup cornstarch, plus
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 ⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon crushed hot red chili pepper
- 1 ⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 ⁄4 cup water
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
Adapted from i71.photobucket.com
Mix ingredients over low heat until slightly thickened
CHICKEN STIR FRY
Place chicken pieces in large bowl.
Stir in egg, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil and mix well.
Stir cornstarch and flour together.
Coat with egg mixture.
Coat with flour mixture.
Add chicken pieces, stirring to coat.
Heat oil for deep-frying in wok or deep-fryer to 375 degrees.
Add chicken, small batches at a time, and fry 3 to 4 minutes or until golden crisp.
(Do not overcook chicken).
Remove chicken from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; set aside.
Clean wok and heat 15 seconds over high heat.
Add 1 tablespoon oil.
Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant; about 10 seconds.
Add and stir-fry crushed chiles and green onions.
Add rice wine and stir 3 seconds.
Add Orange Sauce and bring to boil.
Add cooked chicken, stirring until well mixed.
Stir water into remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch until smooth and add to chicken.
Heat until sauce is thickned.
Stir in sesame oil and orange zest if desired.
Serve over jasmine rice.
You'll also love
- Apple Pie Moonshine 4.2/5 (46 Votes)
- Chinese-Style Glazed Pork... 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Parmesan Onion Party Puffs 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Cake w/ Milk Crumb... 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Orange Shrimp Salad 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
Review this recipe