Omelet Rollups or Roulade with Smoky Fried Potatoes, Cream Cheese, & Watercress
This roulade or roll up is a stuffed omelette with smoked paprika, fried potatoes, peppers and water cress. You can make this the previous day of a party and just cut it up and serve the day of. This is a great make ahead appetizer for entertaining!
Use any vegetables or cheeses you like. I enjoy the peppery bite of watercress with the creamy cheese. The orange bell pepper adds color, and the fried potatoes make these omelet pinwheels fun and filling.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika (substitute with chili powder, regular paprika, or cayenne)
- salt, to taste
- non-stick spray or olive oil
- SMOKEY POTATOES:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small potato
- pinch smoked paprika, plus more to taste
- OTHER INGREDIENTS:
- 6 wedges laughing cow or cream cheese
- 1/2 green or red or orange pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup watercress leaves loosely packed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from veggiebelly.com
MAKE THE OMELET:
Whisk the eggs, smoked paprika and salt. Heat a 12-inch diameter nonstick skillet and spray with non-stick spray or 1 tablespoon olive oil. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook on medium heat till the underside of the omelet is slightly golden. Carefully flip the omelet over and cook the other side till done. Using a large spatula, transfer the omelette to a large sheet of cling film. Let omelet cool completely.
MAKE THE POTATOES:
While omelet is cooling, make the smoky potatoes. Scrub the potato clean. Leave skin on. Cut the potato into batons. Heat olive oil in a pan and add the potato sticks in a single layer. Fry the potatoes till golden. Remove cooked potatoes onto a paper towel and sprinkle with smoked paprika and salt.
MAKE THE ROLLUP:
When the omelet is completely cool. Spread the cream cheese over the omelet. Then arrange the water cress leaves in a single layer. Place the pepper juliennes and smoky potato sticks over the watercress layer. Make sure the peppers and potato only form a single layer. Gently roll omelet. Wrap the omelet roll in cling film, gently but firmly. Place the package in the fridge for 30 minutes. Then cut into pinwheel pieces.
You'll also love
- Beef Tacos: Tacos de Carne Asada 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Mary's Chicken Noodle Soup 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Coconut Macaroons 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Crispy Zucchini Fries 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Rhubarb Crisp Crunch 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Hot & Spicy Buffalo Shrimp Dip 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Honey Chipotle Chicken Tenders 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Baileys Hot Chocolate Ice Cream Pie 4.4/5 (28 Votes)