Ginger Shrimp, Sugar Snap Pea, And Corn Stir-Fry
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 pound sugar snap peas strings removed
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (cut from about 2 ears)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- on the diagonal
- 2 teaspoons black or white sesame seeds (optional)
Mix shrimp, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, half of garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and crushed red pepper in medium bowl. Let stand 1 hour.
Heat wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add shrimp mixture; sauté until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 2 minutes. Transfer shrimp to bowl.
Add 1 tablespoon oil to wok, then add sugar snap peas, corn, bell pepper, green onions, 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, and remaining garlic. Stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
Return shrimp and any accumulated juices from bowl to wok; stir-fry 1 minute longer. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 275; total fat, 9 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 168 mg; fiber, 5 g.
You'll also love
- German Potato Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Green Tomato 'BLT' 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Fish Marinated In Garlic,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna Teriyaki With Wasabi Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet-And-Sour Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Corn And Basil Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Barbecue Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Poblano Corn Chowder With Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)