Sugar-Seared Salmon With Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 skinless salmon fillets - (6 oz ea)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter - (1/2 stick)
- 1/2 cup bottled clam juice
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Chopped green onions
Mix sugar and next 3 ingredients in bowl. Brush salmon with water to moisten. Sprinkle salmon on both sides with all of sugar mixture.
Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon and cook until crusty on outside and just opaque in center, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer salmon to plates.
Add clam juice and cream to skillet. Boil until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, scraping up browned bits, about 4 minutes. Spoon sauce over salmon. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.