Corn nuggets are similar to fritters and a great appetizer or side dish.
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups vegetable oil
Preparation time 180mins
Cooking time 200mins
In a medium bowl, stir together the creamed corn and the drained whole kernel corn. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and coat with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Drop spoonfuls of the corn mixture onto the sheet, and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
When the freezer time is up, heat one to two inches of oil in a large deep skillet. While the oil is heating, mix together the cornmeal, flour, egg white, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Dip the frozen corn nuggets into the batter. Quickly fry in hot oil until golden brown. Remove, place on paper towels to drain.
You'll also love
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (717 Votes)
- Sweet Baby Ray's Crockpot Chicken 4/5 (801 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Sauteed... 4.1/5 (753 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.2/5 (744 Votes)
- Bisquick ~ Drop Biscuits 3.7/5 (961 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (698 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.2/5 (712 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.2/5 (648 Votes)