Corn nuggets are similar to fritters and a great appetizer or side dish.
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups vegetable oil
Preparation time 180mins
Cooking time 200mins
In a medium bowl, stir together the creamed corn and the drained whole kernel corn. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and coat with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Drop spoonfuls of the corn mixture onto the sheet, and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
When the freezer time is up, heat one to two inches of oil in a large deep skillet. While the oil is heating, mix together the cornmeal, flour, egg white, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Dip the frozen corn nuggets into the batter. Quickly fry in hot oil until golden brown. Remove, place on paper towels to drain.
You'll also love
- Melon Mojito Salsa 4.5/5 (216 Votes)
- Crockpot Apple Pie Breakfast 4.5/5 (228 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (218 Votes)
- Comfort Bake Breakfast Recipe 4.3/5 (241 Votes)
- German Potato Salad Heirloom Recipe 4.5/5 (208 Votes)
- Jalapeño Popper Wontons 4.5/5 (199 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (196 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)