Mini Corn Dog Muffins
How adorable! A fun twist on corn dogs, these mini Corn Dog Muffins make a great appetizer or quick snack. They're also easily made gluten-free.
- 1/2 cup melted butter (or 1/4 cup butter + 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 to 10 all-beef hot dogs, cut into 1-inch bites
Adapted from iowagirleats.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine butter and sugar in a bowl, and whisk to combine. Add eggs and whisk to incorporate. Add buttermilk and whisk to incorporate.
In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, cornmeal, flour, salt, and stir to combine. Whisk into wet ingredients in two batches.
Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray, and spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into each mini muffin cup. Place one hot dog bite into the middle of each cup.
Bake for 8 to 12 minutes (oven temperatures vary), or until cornbread is golden brown. Cool in mini muffin tin for 5 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, and re-heat for 20 to 30 seconds before serving.
You'll also love
- Corn Dogs 4.5/5 (80 Votes)
- Loaded Breakfast Casserole 4.4/5 (85 Votes)
- Healthy Chewy Chocolate Granola... 4.4/5 (85 Votes)
- Banana Cake with Cream Cheese... 4.4/5 (85 Votes)
- Parmesan Corn Muffins 4.6/5 (69 Votes)
- Crispy Chicken Costoletta 4.1/5 (109 Votes)
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls 4.6/5 (71 Votes)
- Chicken and Biscuit Casserole 4.2/5 (103 Votes)