A&W Chili Dog Sauce
This is as close as I've ever found to the Original A&W Chili Dogs I enjoyed as a teenager. Scrumptious! If you've never tried one, now is your chance.
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 six ounce can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried, minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- heaping 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cooking time 45mins
In a 2 quart saucepan, brown the ground chuck, breaking into very small pieces. Salt and pepper lightly while cooking. Do not drain the fat.
Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, 30 to 45 minutes until it thickens. Stir occasionally.
Allow to cool, cover, and refrigerate until needed. Before serving, microwave until warm.
You'll also love
- Classic Southern Caramel Cake 3.8/5 (293 Votes)
- Deep Dish Pizza Cupcakes 4.4/5 (146 Votes)
- Campbell's® Cheesy Chicken and... 3.8/5 (298 Votes)
- Baked Ham & Cheese Sandwiches 4/5 (206 Votes)
- Mushroom Pasta Sauce 4.3/5 (137 Votes)
- Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping... 4.1/5 (175 Votes)
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Grilled Cheese 4.4/5 (104 Votes)