A&W Chili Dog Sauce
This is as close as I've ever found to the Original A&W Chili Dogs I enjoyed as a teenager. Scrumptious! If you've never tried one, now is your chance.
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 six ounce can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried, minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- heaping 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cooking time 45mins
In a 2 quart saucepan, brown the ground chuck, breaking into very small pieces. Salt and pepper lightly while cooking. Do not drain the fat.
Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, 30 to 45 minutes until it thickens. Stir occasionally.
Allow to cool, cover, and refrigerate until needed. Before serving, microwave until warm.
You'll also love
- Roasted Cauliflower with... 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Texas Roadhouse Sirloin Beef Tips 4/5 (87 Votes)
- Honey Balsamic Chicken 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Tex Mex Chili Gravy 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping... 4.4/5 (65 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Melt 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Strawberry & Basil Tea Sandwiches... 4.5/5 (42 Votes)