Zucchini, Ham & Ricotta Fritters
These Zucchini, Ham and Ricotta Fritters are crunchy on the outside, tender and tasty on the inside. Try these delicious fried appetizers today!
- 1 cup self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup milk
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, freshly cracked
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, torn
- 2 2/3 ounces leg ham, torn
- 1 zucchini, cut into long, thin strips
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying
Place the flour, eggs, butter, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Fold through the ricotta, basil, ham and zucchini.
Place two tablespoons of the oil in a small frying pan and heat over medium heat. Add half of the mixture to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until bubbles appear on the surface. Set aside.
Add another two tablespoons of the oil and repeat with the remaining batter. Cut into wedges to serve. Serves at least 2.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater... 4.6/5 (72 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes 4.6/5 (71 Votes)
- Fruit Salad with Honey-Lime... 4.4/5 (84 Votes)
- Cabbage: Fried Cabbage with Bacon... 4.5/5 (82 Votes)
- Herb Roasted Potatoes 4.6/5 (73 Votes)
- Baked Spaghetti Squash with Garlic... 4.5/5 (81 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (77 Votes)