Chili Sauce for Hot Dogs, Fries and Hamburgers
This is a great recipe to keep on hand for those chili cravings. Add it to hot dogs, hamburgers, cheese fries, or enjoy it by itself.
This is 1 of my 2 staple chili sauces. This is a great recipe to keep on hand for those chili cravings. I have used this recipe on hot dogs, brats, fries and hamburgers of all varieties; even over spaghetti. This recipe freezes very well and will last in the freezer up to 6 months as long as it is properly sealed in airtight containers with a piece of plastic wrap inside the container sitting directly on top of the sauce mixture. You can reduce the cooking time by cooking over a higher heat - just make sure to watch the chili closely, stirring often, so it does not burn on the bottom.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 cups water
- 2 (6 ounce) cans chicken stock (can substitute beef stock)
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste, plain
- 1 tablespoon dried onions
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 125mins
Adapted from food.com
With your clean hands start by adding 4 cups of water, 2 cans of chicken or beef stock and 1 can of regular tomato paste in a large pot.
Place the raw hamburger in the liquid and use your hands to break all down so there are no chunks. Add dried onion, chili powder, kosher salt, garlic powder, cinnamon, parsley and cayenne pepper, black pepper and mix well.
Simmer uncovered over low heat for 2 hours or until the mixture becomes thick and viscus. Stir often! Taste for seasoning and spice level; add more to suit your taste.
Let cool and store in airtight containers in the freezer. This is also great served over spaghetti with extra sharp cheddar and fresh diced onions.
You'll also love
- Christmas Poke Cake 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Baked Stuffed Eggplant 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Pumpkin Scones (Starbucks Copycat) 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Shirley Temple Poke Cake 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Asian Chicken Thighs Recipe 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Szechuan Chicken and Noodles 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Cajun Lasagne 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Leg of Lamb, Sweet and Sour... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)