Creamy Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup
A white sauce mix and dried tortellini make this satisfying soup recipe extra easy; stirring in the spinach at the last minute gives it fresh-from-the garden flavor.
ww points: 8
- 1 (1 1/2 - 2 ounce) envelope white sauce mix
- 4 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced fresh
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (7 - 8 ounce) package dried cheese tortellini (about 2 cups)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves or torn spinach
- Ground black pepper (optional)
- Parmesan cheese, finely shredded (optional)
Adapted from myfavoritethings-miranda.blogspot.com
Place dry white sauce mix in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Gradually add the water to the white sauce mix, stirring until smooth. Stir in broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
Stir in dried tortellini. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 1 hour more or high-heat setting for 45 minutes more.
Stir in evaporated milk and fresh spinach. If desired, sprinkle individual servings with black pepper and Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Streusel Swirled Cream... 4.5/5 (79 Votes)
- Red Lobster's Cheese Biscuit In A... 3.9/5 (132 Votes)
- Cowboy Caviar 4.1/5 (112 Votes)
- Japanese Hot Cake 3.9/5 (277 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes 4.4/5 (87 Votes)
- Crockpot Sweet Hawaiian Chicken 4.5/5 (81 Votes)
- Avocado Chicken Enchiladas 4.4/5 (85 Votes)
- Poor Man's Garlic Butter Pasta 4.5/5 (79 Votes)