Mini Key Lime Pies
Key Lime Pie is a great refreshing dessert to enjoy when it's hot outside especially when it's topped with fresh whipped cream! These little mini versions are irresistibly adorable.
- 1 1/2 cup Keebler Graham Cracker crumbs
- 3/4 stick of I Can't Believe it's Not Butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 (14-ounces) can of fat-free condensed milk
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/3 cup fat-free Plain Greek Yogurt
- Homemade whipped cream and lime slices for garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 73mins
Adapted from flavorsbyfour.blogspot.com
Start by preheating your oven to 350˚F and line a muffin tin with paper liners. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt down the margarine. In a medium sized bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until the crumbs are moist throughout.
Put about 2 tablespoons of the Graham cracker mixture in the bottom of each opening. Using the back end of a fork to push the crumbs down and form a tight bottom for the pies. Bake for 8 minutes in the oven, then set aside to cool completely.
In your stand mixer bowl combine the condensed milk, lime juice and lime zest. I bought about 6 limes to make because I wasn't sure how many I would need to do both the juice and the garnish. Be sure to juice them over a separate bowl before pouring them into the mixture so you don't get any pits, also if you feel the limes aren't that juicy give them a few good rolls on the counter before you squeeze them. Mix on a medium speed for about a minute.
Next add your Greek Yogurt and your egg yolks. Mix again for a few minutes until completely combined. Fill each cooled graham cracker bottom until the opening is a little more than 3/4 full. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the pies seem firm.
Take them out of the pan to cool completely, when they are finished cooling peel away the liners. Top with some fresh whipped cream and lime slices. I like my key lime pies cold so refrigerate for a few hours before serving and store in the fridge when not being eaten.
You'll also love
- Apple Pie Crunch 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Sangria Moscato 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Southern Fried Cabbage 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Cajun Lasagne 4.3/5 (51 Votes)
- Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Chocolate Ice Cream 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Homemade Marshmallow Creme 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Warm Lemon Pudding Cake 4.5/5 (38 Votes)