Candied Sweet Potato Casserole
Thanksgiving is all about tradition! Here's one of our families favorites, every Thanksgiving we enjoy this delicious Candied Sweet Potato Casserole. I just know your family will enjoy it as much as ours does!
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 medium)
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 6 medium)
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 6 medium)
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, finely shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
In a 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven cook sweet potatoes, parsnips, and carrots, covered, in enough boiling salted water to cover for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain. Return potato mixture to Dutch oven.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mash potato mixture with a potato masher or an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually add whipping cream, butter, maple syrup, lemon peel, and salt, beating to make potato mixture light and fluffy. Transfer to a 2-quart square baking dish.
Spoon small spoonfuls of marshmallow creme onto potato mixture; spread evenly to cover surface.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until marshmallow creme is puffed and light brown.
You'll also love
- APPLE DIP 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Hearty Beef Stew 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple-Broccoli Sensational Side... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Reboot - Snack - Kale Chips 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Potato Taco Casserole 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Asian Ahi Tuna Salad 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Apple Cupcakes 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Potato -Topped Chicken a la King 5/5 (2 Votes)