Potato -Topped Chicken a la King
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen Baby Sweet Peas
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups potato flakes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Paprika, if desired
Heat oven to 350°F. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup green onions; cook and stir 1 minute. Add flour,1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper; stir until blended. Gradually add broth and1/2 cup milk; cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
Add chicken and peas; mix well. Spoon into ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) baking dish or oval gratin dish.
In medium saucepan, combine water,3 tablespoons butter, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in potato flakes and 3/4 cup milk. Add egg; mix well. Spoon or pipe potato mixture over chicken mixture in baking dish. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons green onions and paprika.
Bake at 350°F. for 30 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and top is light golden brown.
You'll also love
- Goat Cheese Stuffed New Potatoes 5/5 (2 Votes)
- 20 Minute Garlic Ginger Shrimp 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Creamy Leek Potato Soup 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Vanilla Cider Pork with Pears 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Green Papaya Spring Rolls 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Wasabi & Honey Glazed Salmon 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Crescent Roll Dinner 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Skillet Chicken Pot Pie 4.5/5 (41 Votes)