Pumpkin Apple Cupcakes
Sweet but not overly so, these pumpkin apple cupcakes are perfect: moist, rich and packed with granny smith apples.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 2 large eggs or 4 egg whites
- 1-1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cold and diced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine all the dry ingredients including sugars.
In a larger bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla extract. Slowly blend the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing until incorporated. Fold in apples.
Fill greased muffin tins about 7/8 full-almost to the top, and sprinkle with the topping if desired. Bake for about 20 to 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes, remove muffins from pan, and enjoy warm or cold! These muffins keep well and taste even better the second day. Makes about 15 muffins.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Macadamia Nut and... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Holiday Tapa Chile de Arbol... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple Blossom Cake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Duck Breast with Pineapple Cherry... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Goat Cheese Stuffed New Potatoes 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Butternut Squash and Sage Soup 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Baked Zucchini Fries with Homemade... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookies 4.4/5 (5 Votes)