Cheesy Zucchini Rice
This is a cheese rice recipe that you don't have to feel guilty about! Your whole family will love its delicious taste AND the fact that it is guilt-free!
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Splash of milk, as needed
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from bunsinmyoven.com
Heat the olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
Add the rice and stir to coat. Toast the rice, stirring often, just until it starts to turn golden.
Pour in the chicken broth, bring to a boil, turn heat to low, and cover.
Cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
Remove from the heat and add the butter, grated zucchini, cheddar, and garlic powder. Stir until well incorporated. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
Stir again and add salt and pepper to taste and a splash of milk if you'd like to thin out the texture a little bit.
You'll also love
- Crock-pot Macaroni and Cheese 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, & Black... 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies 4.4/5 (60 Votes)
- Greek Style Oven Roasted Lemon... 4.1/5 (87 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Sheet Cake 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Roasted... 4/5 (101 Votes)
- Au Gratin Potatoes - Weight... 4.6/5 (46 Votes)
- Paleo Pumpkin Pecan Pie 4.5/5 (54 Votes)