Triple Chocolate Sheet Cake
Serving a crowd? Make a really big and easy cake for chocolate lovers.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil's food or butter recipe chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cups water
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened or vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 container (1-pound) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 32mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom and sides of 15x10x1-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
In large bowl, beat cake mix, sour cream, water, cocoa, butter and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool about 45 minutes.
Spoon frosting into small microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on High 20 to 30 seconds, stirring once, until pourable. Spread frosting over cake; sprinkle with pecans.
* To get the most flavor from the pecans, toast them before sprinkling on top of the cake. Spread on cookie sheet; bake at 350°F 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool.
* Adding cocoa is a great way to give extra chocolate punch to a devil’s food cake mix.