Mom's Danish Kringle
These danishes are something sweet and very special. After-all, if mom is the source you know it's gonna be good!
- 1 package yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
- 2 cups four
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 beaten egg
- NUT FILLING:
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 160mins
Adapted from bing.com
Dissolve yeast in the warm water. Using a pastry blender or two knives cut the butter into the flour and salt until the pieces are pea sized. Add yeast mixture, sugar, warm milk and egg. Beat until smooth, dough will be very soft. Cover and refrigerate at lest 2 hours but not more than 24.
Prepare nut mixture:
Cream all the nut mixture ingredients and set at room temperature until needed.
Divide dough in half and return half to the refrigerator until ready to use. Quickly on a well floured surface roll dough out into a rectangle about an 1/2 inch thick. Spread half the nut mixture down the center of the rectangle in about a 2-inch strip. Fold the sides of the dough rectangle over the nut filling over lapping the seam. Place on an ungreased baking sheet seam side down in a ring shape. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes in a warm place and repeat process with the other half of the dough.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Bake raised rings for 20 minutes or until golden brown. After removing from the oven allow to cool at least 15 minutes before glazing and transferring to a wire baker's rack for cooling.
Blend all the glaze ingredients and drizzle over partially cooled kringle.
You'll also love
- Fruit Souffle 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Haupia with Pineapple 3.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Easy Lasagna Pasta Bake 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Zucchini-Pineapple Quick Bread... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Breakfast Biscuit Cups for Two 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Dinner Rolls, Bread Machine Style 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Spinach & Brie Puff Pastries 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Oatmeal Banana... 4.3/5 (50 Votes)