Instant Pot Lemon Yogurt Cake
A delicious dense and moist lemon cake drizzled with lemon glaze for a lemony flavor everyone loves! Instant Pot Lemon Yogurt Cake comes together quickly and easily for a yummy sweet and tart lemon cake that is perfect for any occasion. Serve with creamy vanilla ice cream and freshly whipped cream for a truly decadent dessert that your whole family will love.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, about 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest (zest before juicing your lemons)
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, about 1/2 a lemon
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from instantlydelicious.com
Zest lemons and juice lemons. Set aside. Butter and flour your pan.
Melt butter and add to a large mixing bowl. Add sugar and whisk until well incorporated. Add eggs, again whisking to incorporate. Stir in reserved lemon juice and yogurt.
Add flour, baking powder, and salt, gently mixing everything together. Stir in vanilla and reserved lemon zest. Add mixture to your prepared pan.
Place 1 cup of water and trivet in the Instant Pot®. Make a foil sling by tearing off a 15-inch sheet of aluminum foil and folding it in half two times. This is going to be used to lift the cake in and out of the Instant Pot®. Use the foil sling to lower the cake onto the trivet. Lock the lid making sure the valve is in the sealing position. Set the Instant Pot® to manual, high pressure for 28 minutes. When finished, switch the valve to venting for a quick pressure release. When safe to open, gently remove the cake using the foil sling. Place on rack to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan to fully cool on a rack.
While the cake is cooling, prepare the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over cooled cake and serve.
You'll also love
- Betty Crocker Cake Mix & A Can of... 4/5 (655 Votes)
- Limoncello Cake with Mascarpone... 3.8/5 (250 Votes)
- Spiced Bacon Skewers 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Chocolate Cake with Caramel... 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- BBQ Coca-Cola Pork Chops --... 4.1/5 (42 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Cheesy Bacon Dip 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- The Pioneer Woman's Black-Eyed Pea... 3.9/5 (34 Votes)
- California Pizza Kitchen Spinach... 3.9/5 (60 Votes)