Spiced Bacon Skewers
Sweet, warm, salty, and spicy. Great combination for some Spiced Bacon Skewers.
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pound apple wood-smoked, thick-cut bacon, excess fat trimmed from the short ends
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from momspark.net
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spray a wire rack with vegetable spray and place the rack on top of the baking sheet. You will need fifteen to twenty 8-inch metal or wooden skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes).
Put the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cayenne, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a large resealable bag. Shake the bag well to mix the ingredients. Note: I didn't have a plastic bag on hand when I made this recipe, so I just mixed in a medium bowl, then dumped in a shallow pan.
Thread 1 bacon slice onto each skewer like ribbon candy. Don't push the bacon together too closely or the skewers won't cook evenly. Dip each bacon skewer into the plastic bag (or shallow pan) with the sugar mixture, making sure to coat both sides well. Lay each skewer on the prepared wire rack. Sprinkle the skewers with any remaining sugar mixture.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the bacon is brown and crips, turning the skewers after 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Cake with Caramel... 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- BBQ Coca-Cola Pork Chops --... 4.1/5 (42 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Cheesy Bacon Dip 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- The Pioneer Woman's Black-Eyed Pea... 3.9/5 (34 Votes)
- Cheddar Bacon Pancakes 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cajun Bacon Tuna Pasta Bake 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Country Pork Pâté with... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos... 0/5 (0 Votes)