Yogurt - Instant Pot
Homemade yogurt made super easy using a pressure cooker. Add your favorite fixings such as fruit, granola or preserves for a quick and healthy snack your whole family will enjoy.
- 1 gallon organic whole milk (I use non-homogenized)
- 1/4 cup powdered milk
- 2 packets sweet Yogurt Starter (Y5) or 3 tablespoons yogurt with active cultures
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Vanilla, optional
- Strainer - I use 2 Euro Cuisine Yogurt Strainers for 1 gal of milk
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 520mins
Adapted from tidbits-cami.com
Pour milk in pot.
Add powdered milk and stir.
Lock lid in place, plug in cooker.
Press yogurt. Quickly press adjust until display reads "boil".
When boil is finished (about an hour), immediately unplug cooker, remove lid and cool milk to about 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix in yogurt starter.
Lock lid in place and turn on cooker.
Press "yogurt" and incubate for 8 hours.(Be sure it is set to "normal", which is 8 hours).
When 8 hours is up, cover and store in fridge a few hours. I do overnight.
Pour or dip yogurt into the strainer(s).
Place strainers in refrigerator and let strain for 2 to 3 hours for regular yogurt and 6 to 8 for Greek yogurt.
Place yogurt back in pot; add the vanilla at this point, if desired. Mix to distribute evenly.
Place yogurt in air tight containers and store in fridge.
Add your favorite mix-ins and enjoy!
Order Sweet Yogurt Starter (Y5) from New England Cheesemaking Supply Company, 413-397-2012. www.cheesemaking.com
You'll also love
- Spiced Popcorn with Pecans &... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Noodle Kugel 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Hoppin' John 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Paleo Loca's Pork Green Chile 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Instant Pot Chicken & Wild Rice... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Lemon Salmon - Instant Pot 4.1/5 (15 Votes)