Snap Pea Salad with Whipped Ricotta
A gorgeous tangle of crunchy peas, leafy pea tendrils, and fresh herbs cascades over a creamy mixture of ricotta cheese and lemon zest. It’s such a memorable salad that it will hold its own as the centerpiece of a meal. Serve alongside seared salmon fillets or sea scallops, grilled shrimp or chicken, or a slice of white pizza. Look for pea tendrils or shoots at your farmers market or Asian markets; if you can't find them, substitute watercress or arugula.
- 8 ounce sugar snap peas
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated and divided
- 1/2 cup pea tendrils or shoots
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, torn
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil over high. Add peas and cook just until bright green and barely tender, about 1 minute. Immediately transfer peas to a bowl of ice water; let stand 5 minutes. Drain well. Thinly slice lengthwise.
Process ricotta and 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind in a food processor until smooth and creamy, about 15 seconds. Spread mixture on a serving platter.
Toss together sliced snap peas, pea tendrils, chives, mint, dill, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Arrange on top of ricotta mixture. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind.
You'll also love
- 5-Ingredient White Ziti 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Christmas Cookie Dough Dip 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Turkey Cocktail Meatballs 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Monster Haystacks (Halloween... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Fries 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Ricotta & Pear Crostini with... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Amish Potato Salad 4.2/5 (21 Votes)