5-Ingredient White Ziti
White ziti is a perfect weeknight meal that is easy to make with only 5 ingredients to buy, the rest are items you probably already have in your pantry.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled and chopped, about 5 to 6 cloves
- Freshly grated nutmeg, optional
- 1 pound frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 1 1/2 pounds ziti rigate
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) container freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from rachaelrayshow.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
Wrap spinach in a clean kitchen towel and wring out the excess liquid.
Heat about 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 3 turns of the pan, in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and swirl a minute; add spinach, separating it with your fingers as you put it in the pan. Toss spinach with garlic and oil, season with salt and pepper and cook to heat through.
Salt boiling water liberally and cook ziti about 5 minutes. Reserve about 1 cup of the starchy cooking water and drain pasta.
Combine ziti with spinach and garlic, ricotta, parm cheese, salt and pepper. Add some or all of the saved starchy cooking water to make the pasta the consistency you'd like. Remember: the pasta will soak up the sauce while baking.
Transfer to large casserole dish. Top with mozzarella and bake until brown and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Spinach Dip Wreath 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Cookie Butter and Banana French... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Pasta e Ceci (Pasta with Chickpeas) 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Sicilian Orzo Salad 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Classic Stovetop Macaroni and... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Coq au Vin 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Easy Vegan Pumpkin or Squash Pie 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- 3 Ingredient Asian Style Sauce 4.3/5 (3 Votes)