Low-Carb In-a-Minute Macaroons
These dreamy, toasty bite-sized snacks are super addicting so you might want to double to recipe. Low-Carb In-a-Minute Macaroons are the perfect sweet treat to tame that sweet tooth without derailing your diet. These snacks come together in about 30 minutes to satisfy any sweet craving that might pop-up. Serve that your next ladies' luncheon, tea time, or just to celebrate making it through another Monday.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 packed cups unsweetened shredded coconut
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Place oven rack in the center position and preheat to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, beat egg whites, and vanilla extract until frothy. Stir in sugar substitute, butter, and baking soda.
Fold coconut into the wet ingredients until well combined.
Wet fingers to prevent sticking; form the mixture into 16 equal balls about 4 teaspoons in size, and place on the lined baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes or until they begin to turn golden brown all over. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
Pack the dough into a 1-ounce ice cream scoop to form perfectly circular macaroons. You can also bake them in paper mini muffin liners for a really nice presentation.
Make almond macaroons by replacing the vanilla extract with 1 teaspoon of almond extract and pressing 1 whole raw almond into the top of each macaroon before baking.
You'll also love
- Macaroon Kiss Cookies 4.5/5 (117 Votes)
- Amish Potato Salad 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Beet & Walnut Salad 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Mama’s Pound Cake 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Pig Licking Cake 4.1/5 (42 Votes)
- Pizza Pasta in an InstaPot 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Lemon Panko Shrimp 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Holiday Pinwheels 4.4/5 (13 Votes)