Sticky Orange Chicken
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. plus 1 tbsp. cornstarch, divided
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes
- 2/3 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 green onions, chopped
- cooked white rice, for serving
Set up dredging station: In one bowl add eggs, and in a second bowl mix together 1/2 cup cornstarch, flour, salt, and pepper. Coat chicken pieces in egg, then toss in cornstarch mixture, making sure to tap off any excess.
In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1/4” oil. Once oil is shimmering, fry chicken in batches until golden and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon canola oil. Add garlic, ginger, and chili flakes and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Whisk in orange juice, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, chili sauce, and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, make cornstarch slurry: Mix remaining tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water. Slowly whisk slurry into sauce to thicken, and bring back to a simmer. Once sauce starts to look syrupy, about 5 minutes, remove from heat.
Toss chicken with sauce and green onions. Serve over white rice.
You'll also love
- Chicken Marsala for Two 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Marinated Japanese Chicken Wings 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Mandarin Orange & Almond Salad 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Chinese Style Broccoli with... 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Orange Glazed Cornish Hens 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Chicken and Veggies Stir Fry 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken and Shrimp Penne 4.9/5 (7 Votes)