Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes with Cheese
These savory pancakes are a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes, plus leftover cranberry sauce if you have it, making it the perfect post-Thanksgiving breakfast!
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons flour or more depending on how creamy your potatoes are
- Oil or nonstick cooking spray for frying
- Apple sauce & cranberry sauce to serve (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from savorynothings.com
Stir the mashed potatoes, eggs, cheese and flour together in a large bowl. Start with 6 tablespoons of flour and add more if needed. You should end up with a slightly sticky, soft dough that can be shaped into disks.
Heat the oil or nonstick cooking spray in a large frying pan over medium heat.
With a cookie scoop, scoop out balls from the potato dough and flatten them into thick discs between damp hands. Making your hands slightly wet will prevent the dough from sticking to them. Place them in the hot frying pan and cook them until golden brown on either side, about 3 to 5 minutes each. Serve hot with the fruit sauces, if you like.
Don’t let the fritters stand for too long once their cooked, as they will lose their fluffiness. They are best when eaten immediately.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roasted chicken with potatoes,... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Spooky Pigs in a Blanket with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Christmas Casserole 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Protein Pancakes 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Turkey and Cheese Panini 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Turkey & Dressing Sandwiches 4.1/5 (30 Votes)