Breakfast Potatoes & Ham Skillet
Shredded hash brown potatoes are pan cooked in butter then topped with leftover ham pieces and yellow American cheese.
- 2 tablespoons salted butter or margarine
- 2 1/2 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup leftover baked ham, chopped*
- 2 slices Deli yellow American cheese
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Melt butter in 7 - 8-inch diameter skillet over medium heat.
Add potatoes and a sprinkling of salt and pepper on top, then cook undisturbed for 8 minutes, or until golden brown on bottom side; then flip potatoes over and cook for another 6 to 7 minutes to brown the other side. (I used an egg turner to turn over in sections.)
Top potatoes with ham pieces, then with cheese slices. Cover the skillet and continue cooking for another minute or two just to warm ham and slightly melt the cheese. Serve immediately with eggs and biscuits.
* I used meat from smoked ham shanks that I had previously boiled. Also, my skillet was a bit larger than needed.
You'll also love
- Roasted chicken with potatoes,... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Pork Belly Carnitas 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Peach Salad & Mint Pesto 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Bean Dip 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Honey Balsamic Chicken with Green... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Fries 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Greenfield's Hot Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spooky Pigs in a Blanket with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)