Turkey and Cheese Panini
Classic panini packed with all your favorite ingredients. Perfect sandwich for using up leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons basil pesto
- 8 (1-ounce) thin slices sourdough bread
- 8 ounces sliced cooked turkey breast
- 2 ounces thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 8 (1/8-inch-thick) slices tomato
- Cooking spray
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from yummly.com
Combine mayonnaise and pesto, stirring well. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on each of 4 bread slices; top each slice with 2 ounces turkey, 1/2 ounce cheese, and 2 tomato slices. Top with remaining bread slices.
Preheat grill pan or large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add sandwiches to pan; top with another heavy skillet. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
In Italian, "panini" means small bread and refers to a pressed sandwich. Using a grill skillet gives the sandwich appetizing grill marks, but the recipe works just as well in a regular nonstick skillet. If you don't have provolone cheese, you can use mozzarella.
Amount per serving Calories: 257
Calories from fat: 29%
Saturated fat: 2.9g
Monounsaturated fat: 0.2g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
You'll also love
- Healthy Pizza Panini 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Grilled Fried Chicken Panini 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Turkey Noodle Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Wings 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Oysters with Shallot Pomegranate... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pasta with Beef Bolognese - Bobby... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Fresh Fruit Kabobs & Poppy Seed Dip 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- 4-Ingredient Chicken Crescent Rolls 4.3/5 (16 Votes)