Dark Chocolate Protein Pancakes
Protein pancakes make a great post workout because you get a nice rush of carbs and easy to digest proteins. Plus, they feel very rewarding.
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour (buckwheat is a gluten free flour)
- 1/3 cup vanilla protein powder - here's my guide to choosing a good one: https://thebettyrocker.com/top-5-protein-powders/
- (or 1 serving and make up the rest of the 1 cup with buckwheat flour)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- (you could do chocolate protein powder but I would still add a couple T of cacao powder for rich chocolate flavor and awesome health benefits)
- 1 cup almond milk
- (or other milk; you may need a little more)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt; 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Whisk almond milk, flaxseed, cinnamon, sea salt, vanilla and oil in a medium sized bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
In a smaller bowl, mix together flour, protein and cacao powder.
Combine dry ingredients with wet and stir to combine. Add more almond milk if the batter seems too thick.
Spoon onto a heated skillet and gently flatten as needed. Cook til small bubbles form in surface, flip and then serve.
Buckwheat is a groat, like an oat groat, so don’t be fooled by its name, it is gluten free.
Protein powder is optional of course but I recommend adding it to baked goods like this to balance out their nutritional profile. I use a sprouted plant based protein so it’s just extracted and dehydrated concentrated plant protein, an excellent choice for getting good nutrients in your body.
You'll also love
- Cuisine at Home Parmesan-Crusted... 3.5/5 (13 Votes)
- The Easiest Chicken and Rice... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Avocado Toast with Goat Cheese &... 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Healthy Matcha Green Tea Fudge... 3.8/5 (15 Votes)
- Make-Ahead Buttermilk Pancakes 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Kaiserschmarrn (Emperor's Cut-Ups) 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- ORANGE CREAM PROTEIN SHAKE 0/5 (0 Votes)