Cookies ‘N Cream Donuts
These super easy, super delicious Cookies 'N Cream Donuts come together in a hurry with the help of pre-packaged Pillsbury biscuits. Then, they are topped with chocolate and Oreo cookies, to make some of the best donuts that you will ever have the privilege of waking up to in the morning. This recipe goes best with a glass of milk or your favorite cup of joe.
- FOR THE DONUTS:
- 1 (16.3-ounce) package Pillsbury Grands biscuits
- canola oil for frying
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1-ounce bittersweet chocolate
- 1-ounce semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4-ounces Hershey cookies 'n cream candy bar, melted
- 3 Oreo cookies, crushed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from shugarysweets.com
In a large, heavy-bottomed skillet, heat about 3/4-inches oil on high. Depending on your size skillet will determine how much oil is necessary. Bring oil to a sizzle when you drop a couple drops of water into it.
While the oil is preheating, separate biscuits and using a 1-inch circle cutter, I used a cannoli tube, pop center hole out of each biscuit so it resembles a donut. Fry each biscuit for 2 to 3 minutes each side. Allow to cool and dry on paper towels.
While donuts are cooling, make chocolate glaze. In a small saucepan on medium low heat, mix together the cream, milk, butter, vanilla, and corn syrup. When butter is completely melted, turn heat to low and add in the chocolate, whisking until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in the powdered sugar.
Dip each donut into the glaze. Drizzle the melted Hershey Cookies 'n Cream bar over each donut and immediately sprinkle with crushed cookies. Allow the chocolate to set, about 15 minutes. Serve fresh.
You'll also love
- Haddock Fish Chowder 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Noodles Romanoff 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Potatoes 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie Martini 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- OREO Strawberry Santa Hat Cookies 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Appetizer - Ham & Cheese Pinwheels 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Polar Bear Cupcakes 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Coffee-Marinated Flank Fajitas... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)