Hazelnut Spread-Filled Sufganiyot
Enjoy this Hanukkah treat with a little twist, instead of being jelly-filled, give this Hazelnut Spread-Filled Sufganiyot recipe a try this holiday season. These sufganiyots also make delicious sweet treats on any brunch or breakfast spread. Make a batch to enjoy with some of your best buds over coffee or tea on a blissful Sunday morning. These doughnuts take some work but they are worth every second.
- 1 (0.25-ounce) package regular active dry yeast, about 2 1/4 teaspoons
- 3/4 cup warm milk, brought to 105°F to 115°F
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons hazelnut spread with cocoa
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Preparation time 660mins
Cooking time 710mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
In bowl of electric stand mixer, place yeast, warm milk and melted butter; mix well with spoon until yeast dissolves.
Add 1 cup of the flour, the granulated sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and 2 eggs to yeast mixture. With paddle attachment, mix on low speed until well blended.
Replace paddle attachment with dough hook; add remaining flour. Mix on low speed until dough comes together, then on medium speed until dough is smooth, elastic and pulls away cleanly from sides of bowl.
Spray large bowl with cooking spray. Form dough into ball; place in bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate about 8 hours or overnight.
Remove dough from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature, about 1 hour. On lightly floured work surface, roll dough to 1/4 to 1/2-inch thickness. Using 2-inch round cookie cutter or small juice glass, cut out 16 circles, pressing together and rerolling dough scraps as necessary.
Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. On centers of 8 of the circles, spoon 1/2 teaspoon hazelnut spread; lightly brush beaten egg around edge of circles. Top with remaining circles, lightly pressing edges together. Place sufganiots on cookie sheet; cover with plastic wrap and let rest 30 minutes.
In deep fryer or 3-quart heavy saucepan, heat 2 to 3 inches oil to 375°F. Fry sufganoits, 3 or 4 at a time, do not overcrowd the oil, in hot oil 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on cooling rack placed over cookie sheet or paper towels.
In large bowl, place powdered sugar; roll sufganiots in powdered sugar; cool at least 15 minutes. Re-roll in powdered sugar before serving.
You'll also love
- Green Slimed Popcorn 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Acorn Squash with... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Pear & Cranberry Pie 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Tilapia Cakes with Mango Coconut... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Provencal Chicken Mussels Pot 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free, & Vegan... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Low Carb Cheese Danish Dreams 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Zucchini-Nut-Bread Cookie... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)