Nanny's Fruitcake Cookies Recipe
My grandmother always made a holiday fruitcake. I took her recipe and made it a cookie that’s perfect any time with a cup of tea. —Amanda Digges, South Windsor, Connecticut
- 1 2/3 cups pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups golden raisins
- 1 cup pitted dried plums, chopped
- 2/3 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Place the first five ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with Triple Sec and toss to combine. Let stand, covered, overnight.
In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and nutmeg until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in fruit mixture.
Divide dough in half; shape each into a 12x3x1-in. rectangular log. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight or until firm.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. Place 2 inches apart on un-greased baking sheets. Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks and cool.
You'll also love
- Oatmeal Cookies 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Soft-Baked Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- Vegan Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Miso-Glazed Turnips 3.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Breakfast Biscuit Cups for Two 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Herbed Cashew Cheese Spread 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Pineapple Stuffing Casserole 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Ham Glaze with Root Beer New... 3.9/5 (12 Votes)