Asian Lemon Chicken
Get all your favorite Asian flavors at home with this Asian Lemon Chicken recipe. Don't forget to make your favorite sides like white rice and veggies.
- Boneless chicken breasts
- Green Onions
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 egg yolks (optional)
- Soda Water
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 to 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mix with a little water.
Adapted from bestestrecipes.blogspot.com
Place Lemon juice, chicken broth, honey, ginger and garlic in small sauce pan and simmer until reduced by half.
Mix the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt and pepper together. Beat egg yolks (if using) and mix with soda water. Add to flour mixture. Add enough soda water to make a batter that is slightly thinner than a pancake batter.
Pound the chicken breasts out lightly. Fry chicken breasts, one at a time. Dip chicken breast into this batter. Hold over bowl, letting excess batter drip back into bowl. Slowly add chicken breast to hot oil, and fry until golden brown, turning once or twice.
Drain on paper-towels and then place cooked chicken on a rack over baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm while cooking remaining chicken. To serve, slice chicken, drizzle with lemon sauce and finish with chopped green onion.
You'll also love
- Copycat's Arby’s Roast Beef... 3.8/5 (343 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole Ruth Chris'... 4.4/5 (106 Votes)
- Mary Berry's Lemon Drizzle Cake 4.3/5 (104 Votes)
- Swiss Cheese Chicken & Stuffing 4.1/5 (131 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Parmesan Chicken... 4.4/5 (99 Votes)
- Best Chicken Tawouk - Chicken... 4.5/5 (89 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Piccata 4.5/5 (81 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Lo Mein 4.3/5 (102 Votes)