Mary Berry's Lemon Drizzle Cake
This recipe for Mary Berry's Lemon Drizzle Cake is sweet and tart, and will make you popular with friends and family. It's meant to share!
- 1 1/2 large eggs
- 3 ounces self-raising flour
- 3 ounces caster sugar
- 3 ounces butter, softened
- 3/4 level teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of 1/2 lemon, finely grated
- 2 ounces granulated sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 pound loaf tin, greased and lined
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from goodtoknow.co.uk
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Beat together the eggs, flour, caster sugar, butter, baking powder and lemon zest until smooth in a large mixing bowl and turn into the prepared tin.
Bake for about 35 mins, or until golden brown, shrinking away from the sides of the tin and springy to the touch.
While the cake is still warm, make the topping. Mix together the sugar and lemon juice, and pour over the warm cake.
Leave to cool a little and loosen the sides of the cake, then lift the cake out of the tin.
You'll also love
- Baked Parmesan Tilapia 4.4/5 (84 Votes)
- Grilled Avocados 4.5/5 (80 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Casserole 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake 4.5/5 (83 Votes)
- Gluten Free Coconut Flour Orange... 4.3/5 (112 Votes)
- Stuffed Turkey Breast with... 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Crispy Chicken Costoletta 4.1/5 (151 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Muffins 4.5/5 (78 Votes)